Narcissism is defined as “
If we take a look at Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, specifically the DSM-IV-TR you can come up with a list of symptoms of this disorder.
- Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
- Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
- Envies others and believes others envy him/her
- Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
- Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
- Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior
- Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic
Obama started off his Presidency with a bang of recognition without accomplishments. If anyone can recall, he won the Noble Peace Prize. Even today, more and more are asking what did he do to deserve such a prize. He was recognized by the world as superior and special even before he did anything.
Paying attention to Obama over the years his behavior has been of one who constantly looks down upon the rest of us. The arrogant attitude is present even in his attending important meetings, the very meetings which he has missed several times.
Like the Jobs Council he created to help create jobs, yet he never attended one meeting, and finally got rid of it. Or two meetings in February where he missed updates on what was going on in the Ukraine.
However, he has no problem in attending fundraisers and golfing. He is unapologetic in his behavior. He has a fantasy that if he speaks it, people will automatically follow.
And, he does lack the feeling to empathize with others. The best example is his talking about the shooting down of Malaysian flight #17. If you watch the short speech he gave, 30-40 seconds, watch his hands, his body language, and even the tone of his voice. It was as if he did not wish to be talking about that. He had zero passion. Again, something he is lacking when talking about other events like the murder of thousands by isis.
This is the President we get when the media fails to do their job. If they had questioned Obama half as hard as they had McCain and Romney, we would not have him as President.